Pagan Collective of Victoria
Meeting Minutes 9/5/2015
Present: Ryan, Josie, Mei, Mark, Ben, Lucas, Seline
Apologies: Cosette, Hawthorn, Nickole, Sarah, Seumas
Absent: Rosanne, Allison, River, Bret, Brett
Meeting Location: Portland Hotel, Melbourne CBD
Meeting Open: 1.15PM
- President’s Report – The coffee meetups have continued to go strong and is still experiencing new members turning up.
The first Ballarat meetup/Pagans in the Pub is scheduled to happen and there has been some interest which is exciting.
The Collective now has a bank account with the Bendigo Bank, more in the Treasurer’s report.
The Yule Dinner is approaching and the ticket sales are now live.
- Secretary’s Report – Currently we are approaching businesses to ask about being PCV friendly and those that are for website friendly graphics so that we can get them up on the website.
- Treasurer’s Report – The new Bendigo Bank account has been set up with Josie and Mark being the current signatories. Bendigo is happy to add more signatories as needed with appropriate minuting provided by us. They also offer the use of the community EFTPOS machine for events.
Tickets for the Yule Dinner are now selling, to avoid too many transaction fees the money will stay in PayPal for now.
- Memberships – 15 new memberships approved this meeting, this decrease is probably due to the fact that we are pushing events both for the Collective and other groups more than memberships at the moment.
- Newsletter – Samhain Newsletter is late due to articles being slow to be submitted. Will be out soon.
It is possibly worth looking at either getting a newsletter person in the future or more people sharing the job.
It is proposed that we consider doing a series of intro articles, introducing readers to different pagan paths.
- Coffee Meet Ups – The Upwey meetup is still getting bigger and seeing a lot of new faces.
The CBD meetup still needs a venue for the meetup to take place but the potential first date will be June 3rd, to be confirmed once a venue is found.
Ballarat is having its first meetup up at Irish Murphey’s in Ballarat, which is the location meetups used to happen in Ballarat. Hopefully using the same location will make it easier. There has been some interested parties in the meetup, which will be held quarterly. The meetup will be on the 23rd at 12.30.
- Yule Dinner 2015 – The ticket sales shut off will be the 1st June, we are self-imposing a minimum of 30 ticket sales to make it worthwhile for the venue. If we don’t get the numbers by the 1st we will have to consider calling off the event.
To help make sure we do well on ticket sales we need to share the event as much as possible not just on the PCV page but on other pages as well as our personal walls. All help to share it will be appreciated. Mei kindly made a flyer for the event, with the digital file being available on the Committee page, feel free to share it around.
Prizes are being sorted for the awards as well as the raffle. It should hopefully make for a good addition to the night.
- Members Survey – The questions are all ready and Mark will e-mail them to Mei so that the Survey Monkey can be set up with the Members Survey. Hopefully this will produce some interesting results for the Collective and its members.
- AGM – The AGM is going to be held at Stuzzi in Northcote with nominations for it closing two weeks before the AGM both for named positions and the General Committee positions.
- Proposed Membership Fees for 2016 – So far the collective has run as a free organisation, however running the organisation has costs and these have been getting covered by Josie and Ryan.
The proposed fees that the Collective move to will be:
– $15 Student/Concession
– $25 General
– $40 Family (3 – 4 adults all residing at the same address is a family for the purposes of membership fees.)
- Insurance – So after some hunting around the estimates for Insurance for the PCV is looking to be somewhere between $1,200 – $1,500. Josie is going to hunt around a little more and see if there is a better policy/deal to be had.
- Imbolc Ritual 2015 – We cannot really discuss the Imbolc Ritual without the organisers present, more details will be shared as it becomes available.
- Annual Ball – We cannot really discuss the Annual Ball without the organisers present, more details will be shared as it becomes available.
- Skill Sharing Across the Pagan Community – Nothing new to discuss yet for this.
- PCV Crafts – The pennants/bunting idea is still being considered and the materials to start making the blanks for members to decorate will be acquired soon.
- The PCV at Mount Franklin – We should consider doing a $5 off membership drive at Mount Franklin to help kick off the paid memberships for the first year.
Misc. – The next meetings that have been set are:
– The AGM on the 18th of July to be held at Stuzzi in Northcote followed by a normal meeting at the same location
– 12th of September and is marked down as a rural meet-up to be held at a rural location that will be advised closer to the date
– 12th of December and is set to be a Upwey event at the Magpie Café
The website needs a change to fix a broken link, the Consumer Affairs have changed the model rules and as a result the link to them on our website is not working at present.
It is probably worth considering that committee members have or acquire a Working with Children Check for the purposes of ensuring that we are not open to problems at public events that we run/help out with.
As a matter of courtesy to everyone it would be really appreciated if you cannot make it to a meeting that you try to give 48 hours notice. Some of the members travel a long way and it would be terrible for them to do that and we do not have the numbers for quorum. It is also a kindness to the other members who could change their plans if the meeting is cancelled.
Seline pitched the idea of running a two day expo that has an evening maskerade ball that we could invite Spiral Dance to attend. The proposed time would be October 2016 to allow all the necessary preparation time. Seline would need a dedicated sub-committee to help her make this a success, they would be needed especially in the intense three month period prior to the event. If the PCV has insurance that can cover it by then we will lend that to the expo as well as any help that we can. Seline has a venue in mind, that will be included in a later information update.
Meeting End: 2.51 PM