Many thanks to Alex, Sarah and Ryan for these great photos of our January adventures!
These minutes were prepared by our hardworking Secretary, Mark. Thanks, Mark! 🙂
Pagan Collective of Victoria
Meeting Minutes 21/2/2015
Present: Cosette, Sarah, Josie, Ryan, Nickole, Dorian, Ang and Mark H
Apologies: Shaz, River, Fiona, Al, Ceilidh, Lucas
Absent: Mei, Ben, Buck, Belinda, Mark L
Meeting Location: The Wesley Anne
Meeting Open: 2.17PM
Minutes of previous meeting read and accepted
FB policy read and acknowledged
- President’s Report – The collective has kept rolling quite nicely in the absence of meetings, with coffee meet ups, rituals and other events continuing on.
- Secretary’s Report – Nothing new to report, memberships have continued to come in and be added to the database.
- Treasurer’s Report – We haven’t been raising new funds, our current balance is $310 (TBC). Ryan needs to be added to the bank account at some point to bring us up to 3 signatories.
- Announcements – All
– Deepest sympathies to Melbourne Reclaiming, who lost one of their own in tragic circumstances recently
– Meeting quorum policy
– Other Policies
– WWC Cards
– PCV Committee Facebook Group
- Memberships – As the PCV isn’t really where we want it yet, due to delays caused by lack of meetings, it is moved that we do not charge for memberships yet and continue to have free memberships. All existing memberships to be rolled over until they contact us to be removed from our memberships. Due to the costs of making membership packs there will no longer be mailed out packs.
Movement was accepted unanimously.
- 2016 Dates –
Sat, 19/3 – Mabon Ritual
Sun, 20/3 – CBD Pub Moot
Sun, 27/3 – PitP Ballarat
Sun, 24/4 – PitP Ballarat
Sun, 15/5 – CBD Pub Moot
Sat, 28/5 – Pagans in the café Central Vic
Sun, 17/7 – CBD Pub Moot
Sat, 6/8 – Pagans in the café Central Vic
Sun, 18/9 – CBD Pub Moot
Sat, 19/11 – Pagans in the café Central Vic
Sun, 20/11 – CBD Pub Moot
Pagans in the Park – Sun, 23/4 (approved)
Yule Dinner – Sat, 18/6 (approved)
Meeting Dates – Sat, 23/7 (inc. AGM) city; Sat, 10/9 country; Sat 26/11 city. (Approved)
- Mabon Ritual 2016 – The ritual will be a ritual of abundance with a share and swap of produce. The venue charges a $60 hire fee and a $200 deposit. A small entry fee of $5 will be charged to help cover the hire fee.
- Samhain Ritual 2016 – The venue to be confirmed on this one, we want to start advertising soon for it. The date is hopefully going to be the 30th of April. Price to be confirmed.
- Pagans in the Park 2016 – Labyrinth at Merri Creek is the proposed venue. As a fun activity it is proposed that a spiral dance or maypole will be taking place at the event. The idea of the event is that it will be a picnic – bring food etc to share and run it like a community picnic.
- Yule Dinner 2016 – Once again it is proposed that a sub-committee forms to help run this and report back to the committee. Nickole, Ryan, Josie and Mark put their names forward to be on the sub-committee. A concern raised was accessibility for wheel chairs, it will be looked at this time around. Price will be worked out once venue is confirmed. The general feeling was satisfaction at the previous venue from those that attended.
- PCV Crafts – There is not much movement here, no bunting has been returned yet. It is proposed we set up a craft station at the picnic for people to make some.
- Pagan Expo 2016 – There is not much to say on this front yet, the PCV is very happy to promote when and if it gets off the ground.
- Any Other Business – A proposal that on the contacts page we can have some kind of way to contact willing groups that don’t do public rituals etc. so people that are looking for mentors and teachers have an extra avenue to explore. In addition it is proposed that we link an article from Magickly about the warning signs to look for when becoming involved in private groups.
The Google Calendar has been deleted because it was too unwieldy to use, we will continue to have the calendar in the newsletter and on the website. It is proposed that we consider re-visiting the site and calendar, and perhaps use a calendar plug-in.
It was suggested that due to the success and interest in the Incense Workshop run by Ryan that we consider trying to have some kind of workshop run once a quarter.
A proposal for a Pagan Pride Day/Pagan Job Fair was put forward. It was decided that Nickole, Sarah, Cosette and Dorian would put together a proposal to be put forward at the next meeting.
Meeting End: 3.15PM