Many thanks to Alex, Sarah and Ryan for these great photos of our January adventures!
Spiced Apple Cake
1 cup plain flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 cup butter
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon mixed spice
1/2 teaspoon ginger (ground/dried or minced/fresh)
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 egg, beaten
1 1/2 cups stewed apple (cold)
- Sift flour and baking powder into a mixing bowl.
- Rub butter into flour, add spices and sugar.
- Add egg.
- Divide in two. Roll half into a round and place in a greased sandwich cake tin.
- Spread with apple, then cover with remaining mixture.
- Bake in preheated moderate oven (180 degrees Celsius) for 45-60 minutes.
Serving suggestion: enjoy with a cup of tea at your next coven get together.
Photo: Wikimedia Commons