June 2015 Update

Brrr! We hope you’re all keeping warm on these long, cold nights and frosty mornings! We’ve been in recovery mode after the Yule Dinner, but the CBD Pub Moot saw us swing into action once again. 🙂

CBD Pub Moot – We had a rocking good time at the Melbourne Central Lion Hotel yesterday, and the turnout of 20 was far more than we expected! It was lovely to share a drink and discuss our different paths with old friends and new in such a relaxed atmosphere! Thanks very much to everyone who came along!

The first CBD Pub Moot, June 2015. Photo courtesy of Mark.

The first CBD Pub Moot, June 2015. Photo courtesy of Mark.

AGM – There is less than one week left to nominate for the AGM. If you would like to join the committee (whether it’s as a general committee member or in an exec role), you will need to email us before midnight on the 3rd of July. This is a great way to get involved with community building across Victoria, and to have a say in the direction of the Collective. We have only four committee meetings a year, which is not a big face-to-face time commitment!
The AGM itself is taking place on the 18th of July at Stuzzi in Northcote. Click here for more information.

Imbolc – Our Imbolc Ritual will be hosted by Melbourne Reclaiming. A Facebook Event has been set up for it over here.

Hills Coffee Meetup – The next Hills Coffee Meetup is taking place on the 12th of July at the Magpie Cafe, Upwey. Newbies and any/all branches of Paganism are welcome – this is a friendly, inclusive meet-up, and a chance to connect and chat with other Pagan folk on a variety of paths. See the Facebook event page for more information.

Yule Dinner – The Yule Dinner was a fantastic success! We shared a sumptuous meal, laughed and enjoyed some stellar live music. Catching up with old friends and making new ones, we bid farewell to the longest night and looked forward to good things to come.
Congratulations again to the recipients of the 2015 PCV Awards:

Ben F – The Keen Bean Award (for a member under 25 who has made great contributions to the Collective).

Sarah M – The Most Active Member Award (in recognition of Sarah’s support of the PCV since the very beginning, and of her tireless work organising and facilitating the Hills Coffee Meetups).

Kacey – Most Distance Travelled (Kacey came from Adelaide just for us!)

Seline C – PCV Lifetime Membership Award (in recognition of Seline’s long-standing contributions to the Victorian Pagan community, and of her support of the PCV since its beginning).

 A huge thankyou to everyone who helped to make the Yule Dinner happen. This was the PCV’s first large-scale event, and its success is due to the many people who worked tirelessly behind the scenes.
Thankyou to Mark H and Belinda L-J for the beautiful photos! There will be even more up on the website shortly. Hugs, gratitude and wishes of safe travel to Kacey, who flew over from South Australia to share his wonderful music with us. Thanks also to Mei and Mark for the decorations and party favours! A big thankyou is also needed for River, Nickole and Sarah, who helped us promote the event to their wide networks of contacts. And finally, thank you to everyone who came along on the night! We hope you enjoyed it as much as we did.
There have been a number of photos from the night published in the Yule newsletter. We will have a full set of photos here on the website in coming weeks. 🙂

Newsletter – The Yule newsletter is out now. As well as photos from the Yule Dinner, it includes a summary of the results of the members’ survey, and article about the Wildwood tradition and more. Members, please get in touch if you didn’t receive your copy. 🙂

Pagan Events in Victoria – June 2015

Whats On June 2015

What’s happening in Victoria this month?

The public holiday tomorrow will see not only the Mind Body Spirit Festival Australia hit Melbourne, but also our friends over at Muses Of Mystery host their crafty workshop, Stitching Witches: https://www.facebook.com/events/1623697191200512/

Then on the 10th, Geelong Pagans are hosting their monthly Pagans for Lunch – https://www.facebook.com/events/573946169414467/

This Saturday the 13th is our inaugural Pagan Community Yule Dinner (tickets have sold out!) – https://www.facebook.com/events/470736253080986/

The following day is the June edition of our Monthly Hills Pagan Coffee Meets, held as always in the cozy, comfortable atmosphere of The Magpie Cafe Upwey: https://www.facebook.com/events/933035286756887/

The 15th of June sees the Muses of Mystery host their Realms of the Gods and Goddesses workshop: https://www.facebook.com/events/883483035030971/

On the 20th the Melbourne Heathen Moot is happening in Clifton Hill, for folks who identify with Heathen/Asatru paths.

The Geelong Pagans’ Solstice Gathering is taking place on the 22nd: https://www.facebook.com/events/1608148372760303/

Then the 28th is our inaugural CBD Pagan Pub Moot! https://www.facebook.com/events/1474014806223068/

***Did you know our calendar page now has a pricing guide, to help you better plan your events? Check it out here: https://pagancollective.org/whats-on/

To see your event on our calendar, you can get it touch with us at pagancollectivevic@gmail.com

Yule Dinner – Ticket sales close at midnight, 1/6/15!

Ticket sales close at midnight TOMORROW (Monday, the 1st of June) for our first Yule Dinner! There will be no tickets available at the door, so get in quick!

Click here to get your tickets!

The dinner is taking place on the 13th of June at The Last Jar, in Melbourne. It’s going to be a fun chance to get together with other Pagans from around Victoria for an evening of dining and merry-making.

– 3 course meal(vegetarian and vegan options available)
– Drinks at bar prices
– Dress code: semi-formal
– Awards
– Raffle
– Lucky door prize

See you there! 🙂

Yule Ad

May 2015 Update

We hope you had a lovely Samhain!

The nights are long and dark and the chill has hit the air. Victoria’s Pagan scene seems to be getting bigger and brighter every month, with new coffee meets, public rituals, pub moots, workshops and more springing up all over the state. Long-standing regular events have reported record numbers, too! As always, you can find a comprehensive list of Pagan events, rituals, workshops and social meetups organised by many different groups and individuals across the state over on our Calendar.

The PCV is no exception to this recent flurry of activity. We have been as busy as ever, with preparations for our Yule dinner underway, and the new Ballarat Pagans in the Pub launching this month. We also have our AGM coming up in July.

PitP Ballarat Ad

Ballarat Pagans in the Pub
Pagans in the Pub is back in Ballarat this weekend! Witches and Pagans from Ballarat and beyond, come and join us at Irish Murphy’s from 12:30pm for a drink and a chat with Pagan folk from a variety of paths in a welcoming and friendly atmosphere. Irish Murphy’s is centrally located, and has meals until 2pm. Pagans in the Pub in Ballarat is hosted by the Pagan Collective of Victoria, and will be running quarterly throughout 2015.

Yule Dinner 2015
Our Pagan Community Yule Dinner is taking place on the 13th of June, and is open to all witches, Pagans and interested folk across Victoria. This dinner will be the first of its kind for a while, as it is an open invitation to members of all groups (as well as solitaries!) to join together for a meal. It will be a night of music and merrymaking not to be missed! Click here to see the Facebook event for the Dinner. Tickets are on sale until the end of May (there will be no tickets to purchase at the door, so please book now to avoid disappointment). See you there!

Yule Ad

Monthly Hills Coffee Meetups
Our Dandenong Ranges coffee moots are still going strong. Many thanks to those lovely people who braved the chilly Mothers’ Day weather for this month’s meet. The June meet will be taking place on the 14th of June – the day after the Yule Dinner. Come and join us for a healing cuppa and a recovery chat!

Members’ Survey
The PCV is always looking for ways to improve our services to the pagan community and our members. To better help us do this we have created the PCV Members Survey and Census 2015. The survey is completely anonymous and you will be helping us to better understand our community and provide us with feedback on what you would like from being a member of the community. We would really appreciate it if you take 5 – 10 minutes to complete the survey.
Click here to complete the survey.

Annual General Meeting
The AGM for the Pagan Collective of Victoria will be taking place on the 18th of July 2015, 1pm at Stuzzi Restaurant and Bar in Northcote.
Nominations are now open for President, Secretary, Treasurer and Vice President (a new role). We are also seeking nominations for general committee members. To nominate yourself or someone else for any of these roles, please email your nomination to: pagancollectivevic@gmail.com. Before you send it, make sure your nominee is aware that they are nominated, and that they agree to it! 🙂

**NOMINATIONS CLOSE AT MIDNIGHT ON FRIDAY, JULY 3rd 2015**

All PCV members are eligible to nominate and be nominated before the meeting and are invited to attend the meeting to vote. Not a member yet? Memberships to the PCV are free until the end of 2015. Visit www.pagancollective.org/join for more information.
The first committee meeting with the new committee will take place straight after the AGM. It is requested that the current President, Treasurer and Secretary attend this meeting

Meeting Minutes – May 2015

Pagan Collective of Victoria

Meeting Minutes 9/5/2015

 

Present: Ryan, Josie, Mei, Mark, Ben, Lucas, Seline

Apologies: Cosette, Hawthorn, Nickole, Sarah, Seumas

Absent: Rosanne, Allison, River, Bret, Brett

Meeting Location: Portland Hotel, Melbourne CBD

Meeting Open: 1.15PM

  1. President’s Report – The coffee meetups have continued to go strong and is still experiencing new members turning up.
    The first Ballarat meetup/Pagans in the Pub is scheduled to happen and there has been some interest which is exciting.
    The Collective now has a bank account with the Bendigo Bank, more in the Treasurer’s report.
    The Yule Dinner is approaching and the ticket sales are now live.
  1. Secretary’s Report – Currently we are approaching businesses to ask about being PCV friendly and those that are for website friendly graphics so that we can get them up on the website.
  1. Treasurer’s Report – The new Bendigo Bank account has been set up with Josie and Mark being the current signatories. Bendigo is happy to add more signatories as needed with appropriate minuting provided by us. They also offer the use of the community EFTPOS machine for events.
    Tickets for the Yule Dinner are now selling, to avoid too many transaction fees the money will stay in PayPal for now.
  1. Memberships – 15 new memberships approved this meeting, this decrease is probably due to the fact that we are pushing events both for the Collective and other groups more than memberships at the moment.
  1. Newsletter – Samhain Newsletter is late due to articles being slow to be submitted. Will be out soon.
    It is possibly worth looking at either getting a newsletter person in the future or more people sharing the job.
    It is proposed that we consider doing a series of intro articles, introducing readers to different pagan paths.
  1. Coffee Meet Ups – The Upwey meetup is still getting bigger and seeing a lot of new faces.
    The CBD meetup still needs a venue for the meetup to take place but the potential first date will be June 3rd, to be confirmed once a venue is found.
    Ballarat is having its first meetup up at Irish Murphey’s in Ballarat, which is the location meetups used to happen in Ballarat. Hopefully using the same location will make it easier. There has been some interested parties in the meetup, which will be held quarterly. The meetup will be on the 23rd at 12.30.
  1. Yule Dinner 2015 – The ticket sales shut off will be the 1st June, we are self-imposing a minimum of 30 ticket sales to make it worthwhile for the venue. If we don’t get the numbers by the 1st we will have to consider calling off the event.
    To help make sure we do well on ticket sales we need to share the event as much as possible not just on the PCV page but on other pages as well as our personal walls. All help to share it will be appreciated. Mei kindly made a flyer for the event, with the digital file being available on the Committee page, feel free to share it around.
    Prizes are being sorted for the awards as well as the raffle. It should hopefully make for a good addition to the night.
  1. Members Survey – The questions are all ready and Mark will e-mail them to Mei so that the Survey Monkey can be set up with the Members Survey. Hopefully this will produce some interesting results for the Collective and its members.
  1. AGM – The AGM is going to be held at Stuzzi in Northcote with nominations for it closing two weeks before the AGM both for named positions and the General Committee positions.
  1. Proposed Membership Fees for 2016 – So far the collective has run as a free organisation, however running the organisation has costs and these have been getting covered by Josie and Ryan.
    The proposed fees that the Collective move to will be:

– $15 Student/Concession

– $25 General

– $40 Family (3 – 4 adults all residing at the same address is a family for the purposes of membership fees.)

  1. Insurance – So after some hunting around the estimates for Insurance for the PCV is looking to be somewhere between $1,200 – $1,500. Josie is going to hunt around a little more and see if there is a better policy/deal to be had.
  1. Imbolc Ritual 2015 – We cannot really discuss the Imbolc Ritual without the organisers present, more details will be shared as it becomes available.
  1. Annual Ball – We cannot really discuss the Annual Ball without the organisers present, more details will be shared as it becomes available.
  1. Skill Sharing Across the Pagan Community – Nothing new to discuss yet for this.
  1. PCV Crafts – The pennants/bunting idea is still being considered and the materials to start making the blanks for members to decorate will be acquired soon.
  1. The PCV at Mount Franklin – We should consider doing a $5 off membership drive at Mount Franklin to help kick off the paid memberships for the first year.

Misc. – The next meetings that have been set are:

– The AGM on the 18th of July to be held at Stuzzi in Northcote followed by a normal meeting at the same location

– 12th of September and is marked down as a rural meet-up to be held at a rural location that will be advised closer to the date

– 12th of December and is set to be a Upwey event at the Magpie Café

The website needs a change to fix a broken link, the Consumer Affairs have changed the model rules and as a result the link to them on our website is not working at present.

It is probably worth considering that committee members have or acquire a Working with Children Check for the purposes of ensuring that we are not open to problems at public events that we run/help out with.

As a matter of courtesy to everyone it would be really appreciated if you cannot make it to a meeting that you try to give 48 hours notice. Some of the members travel a long way and it would be terrible for them to do that and we do not have the numbers for quorum. It is also a kindness to the other members who could change their plans if the meeting is cancelled.

Pagan Expo
Seline pitched the idea of running a two day expo that has an evening maskerade ball that we could invite Spiral Dance to attend. The proposed time would be October 2016 to allow all the necessary preparation time. Seline would need a dedicated sub-committee to help her make this a success, they would be needed especially in the intense three month period prior to the event. If the PCV has insurance that can cover it by then we will lend that to the expo as well as any help that we can. Seline has a venue in mind, that will be included in a later information update.

 

Meeting End: 2.51 PM

Meeting Minutes, February 2015

Many thanks to Mark for preparing these minutes. 🙂

Pagan Collective of Victoria

Meeting Minutes 21/2/2015

 

Present: Ryan, Josie, Mei, Mark, Sarah, River, Nickole

Apologies: Cosette, Bret, Brett, Hawthorn, Lisa, Fiona, Seumas

Absent: Rosanne, Allison

Meeting Location: Magpie Cafe, Upwey

Meeting Open: 1.17PM

 

  1. Presidents Report – The collective hit one hundred members this month, that’s really exciting given how long we’ve been running. The coffee meet ups have been going fantastically, with lots of new faces young and old.

 

  1. Secretary’s Report – Due to some issues with the stickers for the membership packs the posting out of membership packs is slightly behind. The new stickers have now arrived and look great, so we can resume sending out membership packs to everyone again.

 

  1. Treasurer’s Report – The incoming and outgoing for the collective has still been $0, everything has been donated by Josie and Ryan so far. The collective bank account hasn’t been set up yet, however with no immediate income expected there isn’t an urgent need. Josie and Ryan will set one up with the Bendigo as previously agreed, it will be a standard not for profit account.

 

  1. Memberships – 47 new members have been approved for the Collective

 

  1. Newsletter – As always we are looking for people to write new content for the newsletter, submissions will be the 14th of March and hopeful send out will be the 21st. Mark volunteered to look into writing an article.

 

  1. Coffee Meet Ups – The coffee meet ups have been successful with good attendance, lots of diversity of attendees and amazing levels of enthusiasm.

The potential of a metro meet up was proposed with Sarah offering to help Ryan get it up and running and provide advice. The specifications/concerns people had were that the venue was not too loud/busy, that topics of discussion were provided each meet up and that it didn’t clash with the times Melbourne Pagans in the Pub meet up.

The action decided was that Ryan and Sarah would attempt to get one running before next meeting.

The possibility of a Central Vic meet up was raised with a few locations suggested – Hepburn Springs, Bunninyong and the Botanical Gardens in Ballarat.

The action on that was that Josie, Mark and Mei will look into setting up a meet up before next meeting.

Sarah raised the problem of exposure for the meetups, Facebook Pages and Groups struggle to make it into newsfeeds under the current format. The solution decided was that if people could try and like and share events to help everyone reach a decent audience it would be greatly appreciated and help ensure the success of the events having a good turnout.

 

  1. Samhain Ritual 2015 – Selene is available again for Samhain Ritual, the dates will be discussed with her as well as what she requires (bring a plate?, materials, etc.).
  2. Yule Dinner 2015 – The venue that looks best from the research Ryan did is called The Last Jar, it is located at the Carlton end of the CBD so is fairly accessible. It has an upstairs function room they would be willing to let us use. The food would allow for a vegetarian option that would also cover vegans.

Ideally the collective would need 30+ attendees to make it worth The Last Jar’s time.

The date for the dinner was tentatively set as the 13th of June with the venue being The Last Jar.

Awards to be decided on for giving out at the dinner, examples – most distant member, most active, young persons award, daggiest witch etc.

River has offered to help promote the event.

A sub committee consisting of Ryan, Josie, Mei and Mark was formed to meet a few times before the dinner and continue working on the event. The first sub committee meeting was scheduled for March 14th.

 

  1. Members Survey – The survey for the collective was discussed with Mark presenting the brainstorming for questions ideas that occurred between meetings. People were happy with the proposed questions and added a few more to the list.

It was proposed that a breakdown of the survey information be published (all members details to be kept confidential of course) because there would likely be interest in how our community looks as a demographic.

The membership survey was approved and Mark and Mei will to set it up, a link to it will be sent out once it is up.

 

  1. Changes to committee – Charlie T’s official resignation was given to the committee and accepted.

 

  1. AGM – The collective needs to hold an AGM mid year, the date the committee decided was the 18th of July at 1PM and the proposed venue (TBC) was Stuzzi. Nickole offered to book the venue.

The offices up for vote will be President, Vice-President, Treasurer and Secretary. Again general committee positions will be available.

 

  1. Proposed Membership Fees for 2016 – So far the collective has run as a free organisation, however running the organisation has costs and these have been getting covered by Josie and Ryan. A comparison of other groups fee structure and services was looked at and the breakdown of predictable costs for the organisation were discussed. The categories of membership were proposed as singles, joint/family, Interstate and International. The exact costings will be decided after more research into the issue and cost of insurance.

 

  1. Insurance – Josie needs to talk to a few more people about the possibilities and costs for insurance and present the findings to the committee.
  2. Dates – Dates for the remainder of the 2015 meetings were discussed with the following outcome:
  • Sat 9th May 1PM (city, venue TBC)
  • AGM Sat 13th June 1PM (Stuzzi TBC)
  • Sat 12th September 1PM (rural, venue TBC)
  • Sat 12th December 1PM (Cafe Magpie, Upwey TBC)

 

  1. Imbolc Ritual 2015 – The date for Imbolc is tentatively the 1st with the venue proposed as the Darebin Parklands.
  2. Annual Ball – Sarah proposed the idea of an annual ball, with the proposed first one being in 2016. The idea of it being at Samhain with a suitable theme was suggested as the tentative date.

The ball will be an adult oriented event with music, dressing up and drinks (licensed venue).

Sarah will check with Philippe and Selene to make sure they do not have an issue with a ball running at that time and to ensure no clashing with events they host.

 

  1. Meeting Locations – The proposal that there be more CBD meetings was raised by River. Sarah volunteered to look for a suitable city venue for the next meeting, everyone agreed to let her know if they heard of anywhere suitable in the meantime.

 

  1. Skill Sharing Across the Pagan Community – Nickole discussed the idea of skill sharing across the community and the possibility of workshops being organised (and better promoted). Possible workshop topics would be skills, ritual, spell and traditions. With the idea of making it more accessible for people to gain cross tradition knowledge and skills.

It was decided to wait until the survey results are in to see what sort of traditions members follow and if there were people willing to run workshops and share skills before more action is taken.

 

  1. PCV Crafts – Mark proposed the idea that the PCV start to assemble bunting to have at events it was at, to give more exposure but also as a community exercise. It was decided that bunting will be made up, blank and taken to meetings, coffee meet ups and other events where members can grab one to decorate in a fashion that reflects them or their path, with the final product being returned to us and being attached to the community efforts. Hopefully this will be a nice reflection of the positive community that is in Victoria and will look fantastic at events such as Mount Franklin.

 

Misc. –

  • It was proposed and accepted that the PCV logo should be made up into a digital pack that is available for use in a variety of formats -jpeg, gif, black and white/grayscale etc. This will make it easier for other people that want to promote the PCV.
  • Earthsong will send a details pack to the PCV so they can receive advertising through the collective.
  • To ensure the community (PCV is fine but if you feel ok with it sharing other groups too it would be fantastic) is getting decent exposure please make sure to like, comment and share events and posts that are advertising events and announcements.
  • The idea that once paid memberships become a thing in 2016 that the PCV have membership giveaways on Facebook was proposed, to be looked at once its applicable.

 

Meeting End: 3.38PM

A January Update

Happy new year! 2015 has started with a bang here at the PCV. Here are the details of what we have going on at the moment:

Coffee Meetup: PCV committee member Sarah has been a busy bee over the New Years period organising our very first coffee meet! Thanks, Sarah! This will be taking place on Sunday, the 11th of January at the Magpie Cafe in Upwey (see the Facebook event for details). Newbies and any/all branches of Paganism welcome – this will be a friendly, inclusive meet-up, and a chance to connect and chat with other Pagan folk on a variety of paths. We hope to see you there!

Spokes of the Wheel: The Summer edition of Spokes of the Wheel has been sent out to members earlier this week. Let us know what you think! Thanks to Joy Seashell for her Midsummer article this edition. If you would like to contribute articles, artwork etc for the Lammas edition of Spokes, please send it to pagancollectivevic@gmail.com no later than Tuesday, the 27th of January 2015. We would especially love photos/brief paragraphs of what you’ve been up to in Victoria’s pagan scene. 🙂

Next Committee Meeting: The next committee meeting will be taking place on Sunday, the 21st of February in Melbourne. All PCV members are welcome to attend and have their say as to the direction of the Collective. We will confirm the time and venue shortly. You can read minutes of the last meeting here.

AGM: Our AGM will be taking place in June. Details of the exact date will be organised at February’s committee meeting.

Yule Dinner: Planning is already underway for our Pagan Community Yule Dinner, which will be taking place in June. We are hoping to finalise a venue by the February committee meeting, so that we can start selling tickets.

Membership: Membership to the PCV is FREE in 2015. In 2016, we will be introducing a small fee for members who join or renew after the 1st of January 2016. It is our intention to keep these fees low: enough to cover the cost of our website upkeep and admin. We will be discussing the details of these fees at the February committee meeting.
We are currently experiencing issues with the supplier of the stickers we use for our membership packs. As such, we have a large backlog of membership packs to post out! If you have recently joined the PCV and have not yet received your pack, don’t panic! We are hoping to have the situation rectified shortly and will keep our members posted (geddit?) on the situation.
Please note that we have added a clause on the membership page that applies to applicants outside Australia. As we are a non-profit organisation and do not currently charge for membership, we are unable to post the membership packs overseas at this time. People from outside Australia are still very welcome to join up to receive their copies of Spokes of the Wheel, however.

Website: Some changes have been made to the website. We now have a much more comprehensive links section. Please let us know if you find any broken links. 🙂

Phew! That’s all from us for now. Time for an icy pole and a nap in the shade!

The sun sets on the windfarm at Mount Mercer, Western Victoria after a long, scorching day. Photo courtesy of Josie H.

The sun sets on the windfarm at Mount Mercer, Western Victoria after a long, scorching day. Photo courtesy of Josie H.

Meeting minutes, November 2014

Getting down to business (and lunch!) at the PCV meeting in November 2014. Photo courtesy of Ryan M.

Getting down to business (and lunch!) at the PCV meeting in November 2014. Photo courtesy of Ryan M.

Date: 15th November, 2014, 1pm

Location: Cured café, Mostyn Street, Castlemaine

Present: Josie, Ryan, Mark, Mel, Des, Mei, Joy

Apologies: Charlie

  1. President’s Report – We’ve had overwhelming support from across Victoria, and positive feedback from interstate and even internationally.
  2. Secretary’s report – PCV had a big presence at Mount Franklin this year. People were keen to hear about us and many people joined up that weekend.
  3. Treasurer’s Report – Incoming $0, Outgoing $0. Current balance $0. Josie and Ryan have paid for the membership cards, stickers, website and Incorporation as a donation to the group.
  4. Memberships – 56 new members approved.
  5. Newsletter – Joy to provide Litha article. More submissions needed from other members. Hawthorn’s letters column will not go ahead until we get some letters for him to answer!
  6. Coffee meetups – Is the Upwey meetup still going ahead? Meetups need to occur at venues that are accessible to all and close to public transport. What about Pagans in the Park? Josie/Mei/Mark to organise a Ballarat meetup. Ryan to organise a metro meetup. Both meetups to occur in early 2015. Ryan has a list of themes we could use to direct discussion.
  7. PCV Family Friendly Events – The Kids’ Maypole we hosted at Mount Franklin was a success. Let’s do it again next year, but with more volunteers – Josie and Ryan almost ran out of time as they are also on the MFPG Organisers Committee. Volunteers will have to have a valid WWC card.
  8. Code of Conduct Review – No feedback from members as yet. A drafted “no troublemakers” clause was rejected by the committee. It was agreed that we would adopt the ACCC’s Model Rules of Association for now, and revisit them again at the end of 2015.
  9. Samhain Ritual 2015 – Will be hosted by Seline. What do we need to contribute as an organisation? What will attendees need to contribute? Date? We will need to check all this with Seline before the next committee meeting.
  10. Yule Dinner 2015 – We brainstormed!
    Music – Des and Mel to sort. A variety of Pagan/Pagan-ish acts
    Food – 3 course dinner covered by admission price. Awards – similar to the TasPA’s Silver Broomstick awards. Mark to brainstorm categories.
    Raffle – But what could we raffle off?
    Venue – Ryan to investigate costings. The Clarkeville Hotel was suggested as a venue to investigate.
    Ticket Price – around $50 for dinner/drinks? We need to figure out the minimum amount of tickets we’d need to sell to break even (and cancel the event well in advance if we couldn’t sell that many tickets).
    Organisers will need to investigate these things and report back at the February meeting.
  11. Communications channel for committee – It was unanimously agreed that Slack was not an effective tool for the committee to communicate. From now on committee conversations outside of committee meetings are to take place via email. Emails to be cc’d to pagancollectivevic@gmail.com. Obviously major decisions cannot be made via email. They must be voted upon at committee meetings as usual.
  12. Members’ survey – Mark suggested a surveymonkey/google forms survey would be a good way to gauge what members want/need from the PCV, and would ensure we were directing our energy to where it was required. The committee voted in favour of this. Mark/Mei to organise a members’ survey and present the questions at the next meeting.

Meeting closed – 2:40pm

Next meeting – Saturday, 21st February, 2015 in Melbourne (Venue TBA)

Meeting Agenda for Saturday, 16th of August 2014

Our first public committee meeting is taking place this Saturday (16/8), at 1pm at the Wesley Anne in Northcote. We have set up a Facebook event for it over here.

All members are welcome to attend! If you haven’t yet joined the PCV, you can do so (for free) here.

Below is an agenda for the proceedings. We hope to see you there!

Committee Meeting Agenda – 16/08/14

  1. Welcome/ President’s Report
  2. Treasurer’s Report:
  • Current Bank Balance/funds
  • Future event insurance
  1. Secretary’s report:
  • Membership pack update
  1. Approval of new members
  2. Planning events for 2014/2015
  3. Yule 2015 proposal
  4. Spokes of the Wheel
  5. Conditions of membership/code of conduct
  6. Kid-Friendly Events (Rosanne)
  7. Safer spaces policy (Rosanne)
  8. Next meeting date/venue
  9. Any Other Business